Working with Parents
We believe that parents have a fundamental role to play in helping children to learn effectively at school.
We do all we can to inform parents about what and how their children are learning by:
- Sharing information at the start of each term, which outlines the topic that the children will be studying.
- Holding parents’ evenings each term.
- Sending parents annual reports.
- Keeping the website and Twitter up to date.
- Explaining to parents how they can support their children with homework.
- Sending a fortnightly newsletter to parents.
- Inviting parents to share class assemblies and whole school events.
- Holding workshops to inform and involve parents in their child’s learning.
Parents support their child’s learning in school by:
- Promoting a positive attitude towards school and learning.
- Ensuring that their child has the best attendance record possible.
- Ensuring that their child is equipped for school with the correct uniform and PE kit.
- Informing school if there are matters outside of school that are likely to affect a child’s performance or behaviour.